Praying for the lost of Ho Chi Minh City. Saturday, October 10, 2015 marks our Day of Prayer for Ho Chi Minh City. This day, 10/10 is chosen based on the saddening statistic that in this great city of 10 million people, every 10 minutes a lost person dies and is separated from God for eternity. Please join us in earnest prayer that God would be glorified in HCMC, that people would turn to Him and find His salvation and righteousness. Here’s 10 prayer requests to start and more resources that follow:
- Pray for laborers (Luke 10:2). Pray that God would send laborers into the harvest field of Ho Chi Minh City – both from within Vietnam and from without.
- Pray for platforms (Acts 18:3). Pray for Christian businessmen to open businesses and facilitate start-ups that would serve as platforms for the Gospel in HCMC.
- Pray for tools (1 Corinthians 9:22). Pray for new tools and strategies to be developed that will further help the communication of the Gospel and the discipleship of Believers in the city.
- Pray for church partners (Philippians 1:3-5). Pray that more church partners from the U.S. and elsewhere would step forward to commit to pray for the peoples of HCMC and to engage in the work of the Gospel in the city.
- Pray for discipleship (Matthew 28:20). Pray that Believers will be discipled in such a way that they immediately put into practice that which they are learning in following God.
- Pray for multiplication (2 Timothy 2:2). Pray that Believers would grow and train others with the things they are learning themselves that the Gospel and churches would multiply.
- Pray for new churches (John 3:16-17). The need for new churches, each the Body of Christ in its context, is great in the city. Pray for Believers to start churches in every district and among every segment of the population in HCMC.
- Pray for strong faith (Acts 16:5). Opposition to the Gospel and to Believers is very real in HCMC. Pray for Believers to be strengthened in their faith as they face such opposition and that the result would be boldness.
- Pray for compassion (2 Corinthians 1:4). Pray that the Believers in HCMC would live out their faith through compassion to the many needs around them, comforting others with the comfort they have received from God.
- Pray for God to be worshipped (Matthew 5:14). Pray that God will be worshipped in HCMC that the city would broadcast the light of God to the world.
We have numerous resources to go deeper in praying for the peoples of Ho Chi Minh City. Please make use of these for your personal prayers or as a small group:
10 Days Turning Back the Darkness: Praying for Ho Chi Minh City – click through to the resources page for this prayer emphasis. You can download items or also order free print copies of this prayer guide for the city.
10 Faces of Ho Chi Minh City – downloadable resources to pray specifically for 10 segments of the population in the city.
Praying for the 24 Districts of HCMC – basic information on each district in the city to guide your prayers.