“How can I share Jesus with my Vietnamese friend?” That’s a question we often receive from those who have a heart to share the Gospel with friends from Viet Nam or even those who are traveling in the country directly. It’s a great question, and one we want to help answer or be a resource in any way we can.
- Pray. This is the most important step you can take because no one can come to God on their own efforts or even on our own efforts. Pray and ask God to open their heart to the Gospel and draw your friend into a relationship with Jesus Christ. Put your friend’s name on your prayer list and pray for them consistently and often.
- Be intentional. As you are praying, rely on the Holy Spirit’s guidance and be intentional in making a plan to share the Gospel with your friend. Make an appointment with them and commit to share the Gospel with them when you meet. Pray in advance of that meeting and have others praying for your time with your friend.
- Tell your story. Be genuine and share your own personal salvation testimony with your friend. Keep your initial testimony very basic and follow the three-point outline of 1) what my life was like before I met Jesus Christ; 2) how I came to commit to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior; 3) what my life is like today now that I have a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Explain the Gospel. Point them to Scripture and resources that will help to clearly explain how they can have this same relationship with Jesus. A good resource is giexulaai.com which has a number of evangelistic videos in Vietnamese. Several other resources and tracts are available which we have links to on the page at reachingvietnam.com/share .
- Keep praying and keep sharing. Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your friend’s heart and keep being intentional to share more of the Gospel and the ways in which God is a part of your life on a daily basis.