Barbecue restaurants in Viet Nam are on the rise as a popular alternative especially in the larger cities of Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. Q&Me Market Research surveyed their panel about this trend and you can see their slide deck here.
Some of their key findings include:
- Customers choose barbecue restaurants for their variety, taste, and overall comfort and enjoyment.
- Barbecue restaurant customers tend to be higher income and prefer the variety and convenience of eating out.
- Lower income respondents and those who have greater concerns with food safety tend to eat at barbecue restaurants less.
- Respondents found taste (82%), food safety (69%), price (65%) and staff attitude (59%) to be the key factors in their decision of choosing a specific barbecue restaurant.
- King BBQ, Sumo BBQ, and GoGi House are the three most popular barbecue restaurant choices.