The latest from Q&Me Marketing Research with their report on 2019 consumer trends in Viet Nam. Check out their report here. Below is an excerpt from Q&Me:
Quick changing consumer lifestyles, income, and behaviors make the Vietnam consumer market constantly evolve. This report provides a comprehensive look of the consumer trends happening in Vietnam, especially in retail, media consumption, education and technology.
• Vietnam boasts one of the strongest economic growth in the world. Modern trade is on strong increase, especially in secondary cities.
• Online shopping has been growing stronger than ever. 80% have shopped online with the most bought items being fashion, IT and cosmetics. Shopee, Lazada and Tiki are the biggest platforms.
• Facebook, Messenger and Zalo are the most used social media services. Contents with video are liked most on social media.
• More Vietnamese people study abroad. The U.S and Japan are the most favored destination countries. Private courses are taken by both workers and student with online courses more popular among workers.
• Vietnamese travel more, both domestically and internationally. Japan and Korea are 2 countries Vietnamese wish to visit the most.
• Vietnamese are quick to adopt ride hailing and online delivery food services. QR codes are well-recognized but limitedly used. E-wallets have seen a strong growth in number of users.